Thursday, February 9, 2012

(Day 40) Tastiness and cuteness

Today was a good day. 
Liam was cute and played really well by himself (I could write a whole post on the funny things he said and did but I want to watch something fun with hubby before we go to bed); Brielle was darling and slept well; I got a lot of house work done and made an awesome, quick dinner that I (basically) created on my own. Which is a big thing for me. Hubby said it was one of his favorite meals he has ever tasted. Just to remember so I can make it weekly as he requested, here it is:
Tuscan Pasta with Tomato-Basil sauce
1 (20 oz) package four cheese ravioli or tortellini
1 (16 oz) jar four-cheese and tomato Alfredo sauce
1/4 c. Chicken broth
1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, fully drained
1/2 c. fresh basil, chopped
1 heaping tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 c. fresh mushrooms, finely chopped 
1-2 tbsp. warm butter
1/3 c. shredded parmesan  (plus more to spread on top after dishing)

--Prepare pasta according to package directions
--Meanwhile, pour Alfredo sauce into a medium saucepan and heat on medium heat. Pour chicken broth into jar, close tightly and shake well. Stir mixture into saucepan. Stir in tomatoes, basil, mushrooms, garlic salt and dried basil. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Add the warm/melted butter and stir to incorporate. Toss the sauce with the cooked pasta and mix in the parmesan cheese. Add more as you serve.
So there's the tastiness as promised. Here is the cuteness:
Him saying "cheese" with a crazy face

So story behind the pictures: For some reason, Liam is obsessed with my sisters water bottles. He has his own, but whenever he sees hers, he HAS to use it. It becomes his only mission. Well last night, after his birthday party as I was cleaning up, I noticed she left her water bottle he had been trying to get all night. I put it in a safe place so he wouldn't drink/back wash in it. Later the next day (today) I was doing something in the other room and it got too quiet. As I have learned in the past, that is not good. I came in to find a boy with a very "I am guilty of doing something naughty" face, staring at me and sitting on the counter. He had somehow climbed up, found the water bottle and was having fun drinking from it, as he knew he wasn't supposed to. His "guilty" face was so cute, I had to take a picture.
 my sweet, darling Bri-Bee all ready for me to put her to sleep...mmm sleeping babies is my heaven.
And here are some videos from last night that are so dang cute, I still laugh out loud every time I watch them: 

Liam practicing blowing out his candles while Richard got the Skype set up so my family could sing with us:


I can't get the other video of him actually blowing out his candles, which is so DANG CUTE....so here is the URL if you are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXZJJLGbYF8

Hope you enjoyed the tastiness and the cuteness from my day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...